I’m replying to questions regarding my watercolor tutorial so if somebody had problems with installing brushes etc please check it maybe you’ll find it helpful.
1. Sorry if it’s obvious for some peeps but I noticed that it’s often a problem to install brushes so here’s an explanation:
- Open the folder with the Sai file. (If you don’t remember where you installed it right click on the Sai icon ——-> properties ——> target location (I think that’s how it’s called in English??)
- Put the start-sai.exe (link) into that folder then open rar file with brushes (link) ——> put files from blotmap to blotmap etc. (replace files if needed) IMPORTANT! It’s too many brushes and textures so Sai won’t show all of them (well at least I had a problem like this) so I recommend checking which brushes you like and delete the rest
- Replace conf files with the ones in rar
- Click on start-sai.exe to update the brushes
And to the two anons please please read description before asking where to download brushes :) (You can also always find them in my FAQ)
2. There is no rule where to leave white and where not but I sometimes do it a) when two different colors are close to each other (like in Musharna pic) b) when color is close to lines (Horsea and Swampert) and/or c) I leave white where part of the picture is lit by light (Stitch)
3. Fringe and texture effects are part of the program, I don’t think you can download them separately(?). I had them from the beginning so I don’t know if there are versions of Sai without them… But they’re a bit hard to find, you need to click on paints effect to make them show up (for me it’s in the top left corner of the program) (I’ll answer this ask in private too)
4. I bought Sai from original site: link if you want it for free I’m afraid I can’t help you, I have no idea where to get one!